January 18, 2017
Toronto’s 18th Annual Canstruction®
Canstruction® Toronto invites teams of engineers, architects, and designers to take part in the 18th annual Canstruction® at the Toronto Dominion Centre in Toronto.
Please download the Call for Entries 2017.pdf form to participate and compete!Read More
November 30, 2015
Toronto’s 17th Annual Canstruction®
Canstruction® Toronto invites teams of engineers, architects, and designers to take part in the 17th annual Canstruction® at the Toronto Dominion Centre in Toronto.
Please join us for an information night about Canstruction®on Thursday, January 7, 2016 at 6:00pm at the Design Exchange (234 Bay St).Read More
May 31, 2015
Canstruction Toronto 2015 winning "CANstructures"
1) Juror's Favorite: Fortuna by BA Consulting Group
2) Structural Ingenuity: Hunger is No Illusion by Turner Fleischer Architects Inc.
3) Best Meal: CAN You Help Bridge the Gap? by Stephenson Engineering Ltd.
4) Best Use of Labels: Hunger for Sport by HDR
5) Honourable Mention: Shifting Perspective by Quadrangle Architects
6) People's Choice Award: Tap Into Beating Hunger by GM BluePlan Engineering Ltd.Read More
December 18, 2014
Canstruction Toronto is pleased to host its 16th event, and is inviting all architectural, engineering and design firms to participate in this year’s event.
Key dates for this year are as follows:
Jan 8, 2015 – Information Night – 6pm at Design Exchange
Jan 16, 2015 – Deadline for Registration
Feb 13, 2015 – Design Submission Deadline
May 4, 2015 – Build Night
May 5, 2015 – Judging and Awards Gala
May 5-9, 2015 – Open to Public
May 10, 2015 - Decanstruction
Please get the word out to your office and get a team together in support of the Daily Bread Food Bank.
Take up the challenge to show the world that the GTA design industry cares about our community!
Information Night for Canstruction is on Thursday, January 8, 2015 at 6:00 pm at the Design Exchange 234 Bay Street, Toronto (there will be signage directing you to the room).Read More
May 28, 2014
Canstruction Toronto 2014 winning "CANstructures"
1) Juror's Favorite: Cannon Design
CANPANION PLANTING: A Three Sisters' Wampin Belt
2) Structural Ingenuity: Aercoustics Engineering Ltd with Rebanks Pepper Littlewood Architects Inc.
This Loon Sure CAN Fish
3) Best Meal: AECOM Canada Ltd.
Hunger, Just Like the Enemy, is not Welcome Here
4) Best Use of Labels: BA Consulting
A Queen's Feast
5) Honourable Mention: Turner Fleisher Architects
CAN't Let Hunger Slide
6) People's Choice Award: Aercoustics Engineering Ltd with Rebanks Pepper Littlewood Architects Inc.
This Loon Sure CAN FishRead More
February 11, 2014
The 15th Annual Canstruction Competition
Canstruction Toronto would like to invite teams of engineers, architects, designers, and students attending universities in these fields to take part. Whether this is your first time or you have participated in this event in prior years, join us this year for another fun competition this year! Important dates are outlined below:
February 14, 2014 - Deadline for Entries
March 7, 2014 - Design Submission Deadline
April 25, 2014 - Deadline for purchasing food cans
May 12-16, 2014 - Food Delivery to DBFB
May 25, 2014 - Food Delivery to TD Centre
May 26, 2014 - Build Night
May 27, 2014 - Awards Night
June 1, 2014 - Decanstruction