Canstruction® is a non-profit competition that decreases hunger and fights poverty in Toronto and cities around the world. Each year, teams of designers, architects and engineers – students and professionals – donate their time to build massive, incredible structures from cans of food, with donations going to the Daily Bread Food Bank, Toronto’s largest community food bank. In this city alone, more than 800,000 client visits happen each year, approximately 32 per cent of them children, use food-relief programs.
With one can of food as a catalyst for change, One Can® to represent the building block of change, Canstruction proves that small acts of kindness improve the lives of people in need. Since 1992, Canstruction has contributed more than 17.5 million pounds of food to food programs around the world, demonstrating that we can win the fight against hunger.
Check out this video from our recent Canstruction Toronto 2014 event:
May 31, 2015
Canstruction Toronto 2015 winning "CANstructures"
1) Juror's Favorite: Fortuna by BA Consulting Group
2) Structural Ingenuity: Hunger is No Illusion by Turner Fleischer Architects Inc.
3) Best Meal: CAN You Help Bridge the Gap? by Stephenson Engineering Ltd.
4) Best Use of Labels: Hunger for Sport by HDR
5) Honourable Mention: Shifting Perspective by Quadrangle Architects
6) People's Choice Award: Tap Into Beating Hunger by GM BluePlan Engineering Ltd.Read More
Past Event Images
BA Consulting Group Ltd.
Quadrangle Architects Limited
Turner Fleischer Architects Inc.
GM BluePlan Engineering Ltd
Aercoustics Engineering Limited
Architecture for Humanity Toronto
ARK Petroff Architects
ARUP Canada Inc.
Diamond Schmitt Architects with Read Jones Christoffersen
Echologics: A Division of Mueller Co.
PCL Constructors Canada Inc. with Entuitive
Rebanks Pepper Littlewood Architects
R.V. Anderson Associates
Ryerson University: Department of Architectural Science